Welcome to St Joseph's
A school that celebrates success, respects diversity and encourages students to be all they can be.
(based on John 10:10)
Our Values Are The Gospel Values as lived in the life of Jesus.
Our Values underlie all that we do.
- Caring For Ourselves - Kia manaaki ai tātou katoa
- Caring For Others - Kia manaaki ai ia tāngata
- Caring for Our World - Kia manaaki te Ao Whānui
- I strive to do my best and be the best I can - Kia tū tāngata
- I value everyone - Kia ngākau mahaki
- I will use the world’s resources responsibly - Ko te oranga taiao, he oranga tāngata
Our School's History
Today, St Joseph’s is a full Catholic primary co-educational school, catering for children from New Entrants to Year Eight. It is staffed by fifteen lay teachers as well as numerous support staff. The school is situated in, and is a part of, the Parish of Holy Family. The school is well supported by a strong community.
With a current roll of 360 St Joseph’s comprises a Junior Syndicate of four classrooms with a separate playground, a Lower Middle Syndicate of three classrooms, an Upper Middle Syndicate of three classrooms, and three additional classrooms in our Senior Intermediate Syndicate. The school has extensive and mature physical grounds that are utilised for both learning and playing. Situated on the school grounds is a swimming complex, with a junior and a senior pool for our students. Also within the grounds is a modern school hall and administration block, shared by the Parish and by the school.
Please follow the link to learn about our future direction outlined in the School Charter.